PrestaShop blog module empowers you to add a blog to your eCommerce website. You can write creative posts and make them compelling to read with images and videos. With the creation of categories, you can better segregate blog topics and posts. Schedule a post to be published when you are away or asleep. Import an entire WordPress blog and manage it from your PrestaShop back office with ease. Add a Facebook comments section for users to engage.
Key Benefits of PrestaShop Blog Module
- Setup a complete blog on your PrestaShop website
- Create posts, add images and a video gallery
- Schedule a post, add relevant products and posts
- Create categories and allow Facebook comments
- Import WordPress blog to PrestaShop
- Display image galleries in attractive sliders
- Supports Multi-store & Multi-language
Extensive Features to Create & Publish Attractive Posts
Responsive PrestaShop Blog module allows you to create amazing posts and publishes them on your business website. It helps you grab user's attention and educate them about the products and services you deal.
Use WYSIWYG editor to draft your posts. Add images, videos and other useful information to draft an attractive post.
Add a Permalink:
Customize the permalink with natural words to make the search bots understand the topic of the post.
Add SEO Meta Details:
Configure Meta title, Keywords, and Description to ensure maximum search engine visibility of a post.
Select a date from ‘Publish On’ to schedule the post and it will publish later.
Format your post properly and preview post before sending it live.
Add Summary for a quick read:
Write a summary of the post so that users can quickly get to know what the post is about.
Display Video & Images in a Slideshow
A blog is not confined to textual content that’s why this simple PrestaShop Blog module is well equipped with multimedia options. You can add images and videos to every post to make them more eye-catching and useful for the readers.
Select multiple files from your computer system and upload them all at once or individually. it makes the posts attractive and worth reading.
Create video gallery:
You can create a complete video gallery by selecting videos from your personal computer and uploading it to the posts. Select theme – default, grid, tiles, tiles and grid, carousel, compact, slider, video etc.
Show Related Products & Posts
Add related posts:
Add related posts so that readers can reach out to more posts while reading one. It improves the bounce rate of your website.
Add related products:
Attach related products to your posts so that readers can consider buying the products recommended or endorsed in the post content.
Show Blog Posts at Homepage
You can display recent posts at your store homepage. This will increase you blog engagement and user will stay informed about the latest happening. You can customize the recent posts block for better presentation.
- Block title
- Show number of posts
Show A Blog Tab On Product Page
Add a blog tab to product pages to drive users from store to your blog section. This improves readership and traffic to your blog.
- Tab title – ‘related articles’
- Show number of blogs
Create Categories to Better Represent your Blog Content
PrestaShop Blog module allows you to create multiple categories in the blog section to better classify posts and sort them in a presentable manner. The users find it easier to click a category and browse all the relevant posts at once.
Add Title and Description:
You can write a custom title and description for each category to differentiate it from other ones.
Add a friendly URL to each category that is easy to understand by the users and search engines.
Category cover image:
You can upload a cover image to make the category pages more attractive and captivating.
Configure Meta details:
Add Meta title, keywords, and description to ensure each category page gets indexed in search engines.
Enter position for each category to sort them in a series that is logical and meaningful.
Manage User Access:
Select the user groups (Visitors, Guests, Customers) from the list to let the users view the category.
Enable Facebook & Email Comments for Engagement
You can enable comments that encourage users to participate in the blog section. They can share their views and opinion about the article, news, or post you publish. Once comment is submitted you can modify the author name and comments, and configure lots of other options.
Configure settings for the Comments Section
You can set the comments on auto to approve mode if most of the users are good readers so you don't have to approve each one. Configure Google Recaptcha and stay free from spammers.
- Auto approve comments
- Allow only registered or guest users to comment
- Show username
- Enable anti-spam check
- Show Captcha
- Configure Google Recaptcha key
Add Facebook Comments
Allow users to comment on your blog through their Facebook accounts to save time. It allows them to quickly participate in a discussion without creating an account or sharing credentials. it can also set you free from spammer commenting with fake emails.
- Enable /disable Facebook comments
- Configure APP Id
- Determine a width for the comments section
- Selection the number of posts
- Choose a theme i.e. dark or light
- Sort the comments by top, newest, or oldest
Import WordPress blogposts to PrestaShop Blog
With a simple file import, you can carry forward an entire WordPress blog to your PrestaShop business website. It simplifies managing your store and blog in a single control panel.
Select a file to import or choose from history
You can either select an XML file from personal computer or allow the module to choose it from the history.
Create category for the import if not added before
You can create a category for the blog if the import file does not contain one. It simplifies the creation of category during blog import.
Display Posts Slider at Blog Homepage
Add sliders to further promote your products and services in the blog section. You can select theme and effects for the slider to grab readers’ attention. Avail the following options,
- Enable or disable a slider
- Select a Slider theme either default, dark, or light
- Choose slider Effects that are random, fold, fade, slice down
- Show Next and Previous post
- Show pagination
- Show thumbnail images
- Pause on hover
Optional Blocks for better User Experience and Navigation
In addition to the post blocks, PrestaShop blog module offers extra blocks to let you improve the user experience in finding the content on your blog. You can add a search box, categories block, and a blog tab on product pages.
Display a Search block
Add a search block to your blog and let the readers search posts and articles with a word or phrase. It simplifies exploring the blog for relevant content.
- Enable/disable search block
- Add a block title
- Write a custom search button title
- Show block on left or right side
Add a Categories block
Embed a categories block on either left or right side of your blog to let the users quickly browse posts of a category they are searching for.
- Enable/disable categories block
- Write a block title
- Select a number of categories to display
- Show the block on left or right side
Display an Archives block
Show your blog archives to let the readers find what you have already published on the blog. With archives block, users can explore the old content as well.
- Block title
- Show number of archives
- Show block on left or right
Add Recent Posts block
Enable a block for the recent posts and it will show all the recently published posts of your blog on your website. Try these options for customization.
- Enable /disable
- Block title
- Total posts to show
- Show view all posts
- Show block on left/right
- RSS subscription on left or right
Maximize your Blog outreach by adding your Social Profiles
PrestaShop blog module allows you to add business social profiles to the blog section to let the users connect with your brand on their favorite social networking sites.
Add Facebook block for your social presence
Enable Facebook block, add the URL, and your official FB page will show up on your website. let the users like your page and keep updated.
- Enable Facebook block
- Add Facebook page URL
- Width and height
- Hide cover photo
- Use small header
- Show friends faces
- Show Facebook block on left or right
Show your business presence on Twitter as well
You can add Twitter handler of your business as well. Enable the block, configure settings, and invite users to follow your page.
- Enable Twitter block
- Add your Twitter user-name
- Widget ID – create a widget to copy and paste the code here
- Set the Height
- Select a Theme either Light or dark
- Enable twitter block on left or right
Create RSS Link and/or Integrate External RSS Feed
Allow users to subscribe to the RSS Feed and get the recently published into their feed reader application. it saves their time in knowing about a content update without sharing their personal details. You can display a feed from external sources to your audience. Try these configuration options.
- Add external link of the RSS Feed
- Select the number of feeds
- Choose a theme either Adrian, architettre, BBC, Kinda Blue, or Light Dark Blue
- Enable RSS block on left or right
Add Banners to your blog for further beautification
With PrestaShop Blog module, you can add numerous banners to your blog that may promote your products, deals, discounts, and amazing offers.
- Enable the display of banners
- Add banners
- Add banner image from PC
- Configure a banner link
- Writer a banner description
- Set Banner location i.e. left, right, top, bottom
- Activate or deactivate a banner
Configure Layout and Theme for your Professional Blog
Select a layout that is more appealing and viable for your blog. You can also choose a theme and a listing view for the posts to make the front end more enticing and captivating.
- Select a listing view – List or Grid
- Choose a blog layout – two column left, two column right, three column, full width
- Set a blog theme from default or Theme1
- Select a font for the posts
Blog Configuration Settings – Basics
Start with basic blog settings to make the blog search engine friendly and reachable. You can opt to display Date and comment counter or Read more link to the posts. You can avail these options to start with the basic configuration.
- Add a Blog Slug
- Blog Page Title, Meta keywords, and Description
- Show Posts per page
- Add a ‘Read More’ link
- Show Date, and comment counter
- Show Sharing block
- Sort Posts by Date or Alphabetical order
- Show attached products
- Show related posts
- Allow comments
New Update Includes:
- New Feature - New Theme added - List View, Grid View
- New Feature - Authors section added which can be also attached to posts
- New Feature - Authors block added on front
- New Feature - Authors page added which shows all posts related to author
- New Feature - Photo Gallery section added which has its own block and page.
- New Feature - Next/Previous post block added for Theme Two
- New Feature - Number of views option added for each post on front