Best Magento and WooCommerce plugins you must be using on your Webshop
Posted On: Mar 18, 2019
Categories: Shopping Carts & Platforms
Magento and WooCommerce are surely expediting parallel in providing a user-friendly and easy to manage eCommerce platform to the merchants around the globe. The merchants and business owner are often less familiar with the technology that is empowering
Magento and WooCommerce are both flourishing by leaps and bounds. We cannot deduce that the one is superior to the other as each application provides a simple user interface that is a practical and cost-effective solution to many. These platforms have made available all the basic features to push the beginners, help them kick-start their ideas, and go live.
These start-ups, or small to medium size enterprises, can continue earning by personalizing the built-in features and themes according to the nature of their business. Whereas large size entities need core changes to the design, user experience, navigation, and usability of their website.
They can either custom develop tools or get quick assistance from the extensions and add-ons developed for the eCommerce application they use. In this post, some of the must-have tools for both, the Magento and WooCommerce, are described to help you easily select the required one.
Top Extensions for Magento users
The online stores often suffer from the limitation of providing real-like product preview to the users. The visitors complain that some of the stores do not display a detailed view of products through images. The Magento Product Image Zoom extension is developed to answer their problems. It allows merchants to facilitate users in zooming in and out the product images to examine the make, model, and material of a product in detail.
This extension is equipped with the following features;
- Users can magnify product images on mouse hover
- Click image for a full-screen preview
- Merchants can allow image zoom on specific products and categories
- It also supports a mobile-friendly image zooming option
The addition of an exclusive image gallery improves user engagement on an eCommerce website. With Magento Image Gallery and Product Photo Gallery extension, you can improve user experience by adding captivating images not only to a product but an entire website as well.
The extension creates a dedicated page to showcase all the high-quality images. The users can view the images and browse the attached products. The addition of photo gallery to products is also a way forward to improving the usability of images and understandability among potential consumers. Following are some of the key features of this amazing image gallery tool.
- Add high-quality images to your eCommerce website
- Upload multiple photos and attach them to products
- Exhibit images in a quick to open pop-up or a lightbox
- Select a display style for a photo gallery
- Add social media sharing buttons to images
Magento Product Attachment extension is bridging the gap between the end user and manufacturer/supplier of a product. It allows merchants to put additional content to product and CMS pages in the shape of images, presentations, guides, tutorials. The plugin supports the addition of multiple file formats like .doc, .docs, .xls, jpg, jpeg, gif, pdf, etc. All the files are made available on a dedicated page as well so that users can easily find and download the relevant file. The features include,
- Upload and attach multiple files to products and CMS pages
- A separate page houses all the files for the uses to download
- Add files with numerous formats
- Confine file download facility to a store view or customer group
- Attach links to web and videos as product attachments
If you want to collect extra order information from your clients on the checkout page, make use of the Magento 2 order attributes extension. It empowers you to add
Other features of the extension are given below:
- Upload and attach multiple files to products and CMS pages
- Add unlimited fields with 9 different field types to build a custom checkout
- Display the created fields in emails and PDF invoices
- Restrict the custom order attributes by customer group
- Provide tooltip information with each custom attribute
- Setup input validation to acquire accurate data
Tools for online stores built on WooCommerce
Do you want your customers to design their business or wedding cards, and flyers without seeking an expert designer? Well, you can do so with a quick installation of WooCommerce business card designer plugin that adds a simple and friendly canvas right to your eCommerce website and let the users design themselves.
The plugin carries a collection of clipart that is duly classified in categories. You can add up more art, sign, and symbols, to the existing categories and create new ones. Encourage the users to design, send their creations to print, and maximize your revenue. You avail the following features in this plugin.
- Allow users to design flyers, and business or wedding cards
- Add carious templates to aid designing
- Enable card design for the front as well as the back side
- You can add clipart, and images to the collection
A conventional checkout requires the users to be familiar with the multiple processes, which is a major constraint in creating a smooth user experience. WooCommerce Direct Checkout plugin removes the hassle by simplifying the entire process.
The plugin offers the creation of 3 simple checkout methods to facilitate users in quickly ordering and paying for the products. The 3 methods include one-click checkout, one-page, and sticky checkout. You get the following features packed in this plugin.
- 3 user-friendly checkout methods one-click, one-page, stick checkout
- Add more Calls to action tag on landing pages
- Personalize the calls to action buttons
Do you want to auto-calculate discounts if users select
- Allow discounts on product catalog and cart pages
- Automate discounts on products, product variations, and categories
- Configure rules for reducing cart and catalog amount
- Offer special deals and discounts on the basis of quantity
- Allow specific customer groups to grab discounts
Adding data or extracting it from an eCommerce website requires expert knowledge, but WooCommerce CSV Import Export plugin has made it easier for you. It allows you to export details about selective products, categories, orders, and customers in a CSV file format.
The export feature empowers you to extract data with certain conditions as well. In the same manner, you can import data from another source by uploading a CSV file to the plugin configuration settings. The features of this plugin are;
- Import or Export Data about products, categories, orders, and customers
- Utilize export filters to extract data with specific details
- The CSV export file is easy to customize
- PHP excel library ensure swift import/export actions
WooCommerce 360° image plugin is the most effective tool in glorifying product preview on your eCommerce website. It allows you to enable panoramic view for a product to assist users in having an overview all around the product. Upload high-quality product photography from various angles and enable the 360° view. The users can zoom in and out the product images for a close acquaintance. You get the following features.
- Add 360° Image Preview to your Products
- Allow users to zoom in and out the product photos
- Enable lightbox and a full-screen preview of the images
If you are struggling to improve the user experience of your landing pages, make the image zoom feature a compulsory one to the design. The WordPress users can seek assistance from the WooCommerce Product Image zoom plugin that offers the addition three different types of image zoom. It includes a magnifier, full-screen lightbox preview, and 360° rotation. The features include,
- Configure magnifier, lightbox, or 360° view as image zoom
- Add image zoom feature to products, categories, or any other page
- Allow magnifier zoom on mouse hover or click
- Personalize each zooming option
The online store needs to sell more in order to achieve targets. But, the users are unable to find all of their products due to the multiple categories or poor navigational style. WooCommerce Related Products plugin is here to address such issues in your online store.
It brings forward relevant products on landing pages to help the potential buyers consider them too in adding to the cart. You can configure the addition of relevant products to the widget to generate revenues with cross-selling and up-selling. The core features are;
- Enable a recommendation to engage to suggest relevant products
- You can add products to the widget manually as well
- Select the slider layout either vertical or horizontal
- Display Related Products slider on any page you want
A great number of potential buyers leave an eCommerce website without completing their purchases, and the store managers are unable to sort out the issues. WooCommerce abandoned cart reminder plugin is developed to make them come them and complete their purchases. The plugin auto-sends email reminders that are backed with discounts and coupons to encourage the users in finishing their incomplete orders. You can configure the following features of this tool.
- Automate sending the abandoned cart reminder emails
- Manually send the reminders to your potential customers
- Add Cart link to the reminder email
- Accompany discount (fixed/percentage) coupons to the reminders
- Configure email notifications for abandoned carts
- Track progress with converted reminder emails
WooCommerce registration form plugin allows store owners to customize the registration page of WooCommerce website. This extension offers various fields to add in registration form such as radio button, checkbox, select box, text area etc. and customize the labels accordingly. With this plugin, they can easily ask any question from customers during the registration process which they can use for any purpose.
- 13 types of fields to add in
- Drag and drop the fields
- Customize the field labels
- Add conditional fields
- Enable/Disable default fields
- Make fields mandatory or optional for customers
- Free Facebook and Twitter login functionality
WooCommerce measurement price calculator plugin enables store owners to sell products by area, volume, and weight. With the
- Sell product by weight, area, and volume
calculatorto product pages
- Supports variable products
- Sell products by Box
- Various measurement units to sell
productsuch as sqft, ft, kg, lb, l, etc.
- Displays pricing table in
WooCommerce product filter plugin
- Add unlimited filters on your e-stores
- It uses Ajax technology to filter the products
- Customers can filter the products and reset all the filters
- Enables product filter by brand, category, price, size etc.
customattribute to filter the products
- Multiple product sorting options
Rather than making invoices and slips by hand, store owners can use WooCommerce PDF invoices and packing slips plugin to save
- Auto generates the PDF invoices, shipping labels
- Customize invoices such as Business name, address, logo etc.
- Multiple invoice templates
- View and edit PDF invoices from BO
- Enable invoice numbering
- Select color and font size for
It allows e-store owners to display extra product options on
- 9 types of fields to create product options
- Create unlimited product options
- Set price for each product option
- Create product specific or global option
- Exclude global option
- Set fixed or
To protect the e-store images WooCommerce watermark plugin is
- Watermark product pictures with text and image
- Apply watermark to shop, product, and thumbnail images
- Add watermark to specific products and categories
- Choose repeat option to display watermark multiple times
- Apply background color to product images
- Create rules and set priorities for watermarks
WooCommerce store owners can highlight the products and categories in the slider by using WooCommerce product slider plugin. With this
- Create unlimited product sliders to display on product or CMS page
- Display specific products and categories in the slider
- Create shortcodes for
- Manually or auto-play the slider
- Customize the slider such as
colorof price and add to cart button
- Product slider is fully responsive
Store owners can allow bulk discounts on products and categories by using Woocommerce dynamic pricing plugin. They can create rules to provide
- Allow bulk discount on cart and catalog
- Create quantity based discounts or special offers
- Set fixed or percentage discount
discountto specific customers
- Allow discount on products, categories and product variations
- Initiate Bogo offers like buy one and get
other onefor free
WooCommerce FAQ plugin is an easy solution to add FAQ section on product pages. It also enables ask a question button on product pages which display the form when users click this button. Store owners can add the frequently asked questions with answers to display on product pages. It enables WYSIWYG editor which makes easy for
- Display FAQs on all the product pages
- FAQ form for customers to submit product questions
- Display frequently asked questions with their solutions
- WYSIWYG editor to add videos and images in answer
- Admin can approve, edit and delete the submitted questions
- Customers can like or dislike the answers
Online store owners can allow their customers to design the product they want to purchase before placing
- Enable products for customization
- Canvas and drawing tools for product designing
- Allow designing for multiple products like
cup, cap, t-shirt, etc.
- Customers can add text, images, clipart, barcode etc.
- Set customization fees for custom product designing
- Configure canvas such as width background color etc.
WooCommerce GeoIP plugin auto-detects the user IPs and allows store owners to block users by specific country or region. This plugin helps to in focusing targeted community and display only products which are meant for them. Store owners can create multiple rules for various countries and block specific products, categories, and
- Block users by country or region
- Hide products, categories, CMS pages or entire website
- Display a message to blocked users or redirect them to other URL
- Whitelist option to make IP exception
- Option to Import GEOIP database
WooCommerce manufacturer plugin allows e-store owners to create product brands and enable brand shopping for customers. This plugin helps to attract the community of brand lovers and enhances the customers’ shopping experience. It also displays the brand's layered navigation on a shop page and users can see the products of any brand easily. This plugin also shows the brand thumbnails in an appealing slider to drag the attention of users.
- Create unlimited brands on the e-store
- It enables brands layered navigation and slider to display
- Dedicated page to display all brand’s widget such as brand thumbnails and filter
- Each manufacturer has its own separate page
- Shortcodes to display brands slider and filter on any page
This is an advanced review plugin that enhances the functionality of built-in review and rating system on your WooCommerce e-store. WooCommerce customer reviews plugin enables the review and rating form on all the product pages, so customers can easily rate your product and share their thoughts about products by using this form. This plugin displays the average star ratings and ratings’ summery on a progress bar. Product ratings are also displayed in a Google snippet that helps to attract the searchers.
- Enables review and rating form on all the product pages
- Displays average star ratings and progress bar for ratings’ summary
- Shows ratings in Google search results
- You can approve and
- Users can vote up and down your comments
WooCommerce sale flash plugin allows you to offer a discount on specific products with countdown timer box. You can create a fix or percentage discount on different products. And display a fantastic countdown box that shows time left for sale. You can upload banners that display product promotions by using WooCommerce sale flash plugin. Following are the key features of
- You can display a sales banner on product and category pages.
- 3 different type of countdown timer for flash sale.
- Display flash sale top bar on your e-store.
fixedor percentage discount on product and categories.
WooCommerce bundle plugin
- You can create multiple product bundles.
- Set fixed or product based pricing for a bundle.
- You can display product mandatory or optional.
- You can set
quantityof each product to sell in bundle.
- Add simple or variable product in
WooCommerce booking appointment plugin
- You can enable appointments with respect to date and time.
sendemail notifications to customers.
- Display location on google map.
- You can offer extra services – Free or Paid.
- You can disable the appointments for specific days.
- Admin and Staff see appointments on google calendar.
The addition of an extension or plugin is one of the easiest ways of increasing functionality of your online store. Magento and WooCommerce, both have an enormous collection of add-ons to help merchants, developers, web development agencies, and starters take benefit from.
This post also lists some of the valuable tools that empower you to add a feature, improve user experience, and maximize revenues with quick installation and configuration. You can try them and have the ease of managing an online business.
Note: This is a guest post done by